Friday, December 3, 2010

Food Friday

This is something that I just recently discovered.  It's a really easy recipe and super yummy!  I am lucky if any make it onto the plate when I make these, we are all picking at them!

Parmesan Asparagus

INGREDIENTS:
1 pound thin asparagus spears
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, or to taste
DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2.Place asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, and toss to coat. Arrange asparagus spears in a single layer. Spread Parmesan cheese over asparagus, and season with freshly ground black pepper.
3.Bake 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is melted and asparagus is tender but crisp. Serve immediately on warm plates, sprinkling with balsamic vinegar to taste.

4 comments:

  1. I made asparagus for the first time in my life just about a month ago. Sean said he likes it so it will become more common around here. Thanks for the recipe. Kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making this! I am the only one in my house that will eat asparagus so maybe this will help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds really good, I'll have to try it the next time asparagus is on sale. I'm following you from the Busy Moms of Etsy team. Here's my blog: http://www.brendashandmade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, sounds DELICIOUS! My husband won't touch asparagus, but I bet he won't be able to resist this recipe :) YUM! Glad I found your blog...very cute!

    NOW FOLLOWING!!

    ReplyDelete