Monday, January 2, 2012

One Word

If you had just one word to sum up your goals for 2012, what would it be?  I was faced with this question last night as I strolled through the book of faces.  I was perplexed, what would it be?  I have certain goals in mind, but what word would I choose? Was I being too ambitious?  I usually am when thinking of New Year's Resolutions.  Within a month, I have forgotten what it was or it was just too hard to begin with.

So, I read a few other people's posts about their One Word.  That still didn't help.  Then suddenly and from out of nowhere, it hit me.  Moderation.  I seem to be an all or nothing gal with lots of things.  FlyLady says it's the perfectionist inside me.  If I can't do it perfectly, then I'm not going to do it at all.  I am that way with so many things in my life.  Going to the gym, cleaning, blogging...you get the idea.  So, this is my word, I am going to strive for moderation this year.  (BTW, here is a fantastic blog post on this....CLICK HERE.)

I am going to need help with this.  Please, would you help me?


"A reasonable man needs only to practice moderation to find happiness." - Johann von Goethe

0 comments:

Post a Comment