Friday, November 25, 2011

Intentional living - on Provoketive.com



Today, instead of seeing my usual Food Friday, I would love to present my latest endeavor to broaden my horizons in the field of writing.

As you might know, I was a contributor to a collection of stories about depression called Not Alone.  The publisher, Jonathan Brink, has just been wonderful.  He started an online magazine called Provoketive.  Here is my first contribution to it...and get this...it's a FEATURED PIECE!  :-)

So, go on, read it!


What is Intentional Living?


Intentional Living seems to be the new buzz phrase right now. I have a tendency to dismiss stuff such as this because I don't really like "church speak". Church speak could be a whole other post. But suffice it to say that I was not raised in church and there has certainly been a learning curve when it comes to figuring out what some people are actually saying. I am lucky to go to a church that doesn't use it too much and really caters to the "un-churched." But I digress.

Back to Intentional Living. I have really been thinking about this a lot lately, mainly because it keeps popping up. But also because once you get past the church speak, there are some basic truths there. In thinking about my life, I began to wonder if I have been living intentionally. What does living intentionally look like? Is there biblical backing to this?


To read the rest of my piece click....HERE!

I'd love to hear what you think...please let me know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment