Friday, November 4, 2011

Food Friday!


I am in love...

 With my crock pot!  :-)

I have been pulling it out more and more lately.  I actually made this before the apple butter, but I was asked specifically to put that recipe up and I am all about bowing to my readers...what few of you there are.  :-)

Anyway, on to the rice pudding!  This recipe actually came from my friend, Heather Laurie's blog Prudent Pantry.  Here is the recipe with my changes.


Caramel Rice Pudding


6 cups cooked white rice
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
2 cans evaporated milk
1 cinnamon stick
nutmeg to taste
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup milk (optional)


1.  Spray inside on large slow cooker with cooking spray.
2.  Mix all ingredients except the last 1/2 cup milk, cinnamon and sugar in cooker.
3.  Cover and cook on low heat setting 3-4 hours until liquid is absorbed.  Stir pudding.
4.  Depending on your choice of consistency, use the 1/2 cup milk to thin the pudding and make it creamier.
5.  Sprinkle pudding with sugar and cinnamon. Serve warm.


0 comments:

Post a Comment