Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Current Relationship - 30 Day Blog Challenge

Your current relationship.

This seems kind of vague.  I know it's just semantics, but I have relationships with lots of people.  I know, I know, it's specifically meaning my significant other, but it really doesn't say that.  Ok, now that I got that out of the way.

My husband of almost 13 years is absolutely my favorite person in the whole wide world! (The other two are also my favorite people in the whole wide world!)


Rich and I met 17 years ago at Shoney's.  We both were working there.  What's interesting about our meeting was that I had no idea what to call him.  His dad, who was a manager there, called him Rick.  Some said his name was Richard.  But he introduced himself as Rich.  It turns out that his name has went through a metamorphosis over the years.  When he was little, he was called Ricky and as he got older, the family shortened that to Rick.  When he started school, he wanted to be called Richard, so high school friends still call him that.  Then in college, he decided to shorten that to Rich.  Hence, my husband will answer to many names.  :-)  It gets very interesting when I am talking to his mom...I can't bring myself to call him Rick.  So, if you are eavesdropping, the conversation might get a little hairy for you!  :-)

Here's my original post on the 30 Day Blog Challenge if you want to read what else I have to say.  I'd love for you to come along for the ride!  :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment