Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fave Movie - 30 Day Blog Challenge

Your favorite Movie



I know, I know.  This is not supposed to be a favorite movie, but I guess you could count this as a guilty pleasure too.  :-)  (As if!)

I'd guess I was about 16 when I went to see Wayne's World alone, by myself, at the theater.  See, I was supposed to be going with a friend, but she bailed for a guy, so I went alone.  I loved the movie so much that I took another friend to see it again.  We learned this movie from start to finish and for months afterwards, that's all you would hear us spout!  I am still known to spew Wayne's World quotes from time to time!

Here are some of my favorite scenes.


Stacy: (walking up to table, holding big wrapped gift) Happy anniversary, Wayne.
Wayne: Stacy, we broke up two months ago.
Stacy: Well, that doesn't mean we can't still go out.
Wayne: Well, it does, actually. That's what breaking up is....
Stacy: Well, don't you want to open your present?
Wayne: If it's a severed head I'm going to be very upset.
Stacy: Open it.
Opens present.
Wayne: What is it?
Stacy: It's a gun rack.
Wayne: A gun rack... a gun rack. Shyeah, Right! I don't even own A gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do... with a gun rack?
Stacy: You don't like it? Fine. (takes gun rack and starts to walk away; turns) You know Wayne, if you're not careful, you're going to lose me.
Wayne: I lost you two months ago. We broke up. Are you mental? Get the net!
__________________________

Inventor Ron Paxton demonstrates the "Suck Kut", a vacuum/haircutting device, on Garth. Garth cries out in pain over the roaring of the device as it sucks up his hair.
Ron Paxton: As you can see, it sucks as it cuts.
Wayne Campbell: It certainly does suck.
Garth Algar: (in agony) AAHHH! TURN IT OFF MAN, TURN IT OFF! IT'S SUCKING MY WILL TO LIVE! OH, THE HUMANITY!


Then, of course, there is the reason that I absolutely LOVE Bohemian Rhapsody!




I hope you enjoyed strolling down memory lane with me.  Now, what is your favorite movie?  I love finding new things, so please share!


Here's my original post on the 30 Day Blog Challenge if you want to read what else I have to say.  I'd love for you to come along for the ride! :-)



0 comments:

Post a Comment