Saturday, September 25, 2010

The specialness of September 25th

Today is a special day. It's my mom's birthday! (She's going to kill me for this picture too, btw. If you don't see anymore posts from me, you now know why!)

I have a great mom. Here are the top 10 reasons! (Nicholas had some input too!)

1. She is fantastic with my children. As you can see in this picture...she will do just about anything for them. Including wearing a spiky neon green hat! :-)

2. She loves my dad, even when she hates him. I know that doesn't sound so wonderful, but it really is great! (It's also a Grey's Anatomy reference.)

3. She works hard, even when she's in tremendous pain. My mom has chronic pain in her hips and back, but she doesn't let that stop her..

4. She roots for the underdog.

5. She will help out whenever she can. My sister and I have both turned to my parents in times of need and they have done everything they could to help us out.

6. (From Nick, I think this one ties into #1.) She's really nice! She doesn't say no very much and she gives me a lot of things. :-) She's very loving. She lets us stay at her house for a long time even though we are monsters! (LOL)

7. She's very supportive. I could have done many different things with my life, but choose to be a wife and mother. She has supported me with that. I know that she would have loved to see me do "something" but she supported my decision.

8. She loves to try new things. Even in her 50s, she willing to learn and expand her view of life! That is awesome!

9. She has had a lot of hardship in her life and while that has shaped her, it hasn't broken her. She has allowed it to give her a unique look on life. Now, sometimes I don't agree with it, but it is unique!

10. She believes that birthdays are important to celebrate that person. That's what this post is all about. I love you. Happy Birthday Mom!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Okay I won't kill you for the pic, just kick your butt!! Guess that I won't even do that kiddo. This makes me sound special, but I'm just me, it is my family and friends that are so very special. And I don't hate your dad anytime, but by times I really hate some of the things that he does or doesn't do. What can I say other than I love you and thank you for making today so special for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post Misty! You know too, that you're Mom isn't even going to kick your butt for that pic. I think that color really suits you Kay! Are you sure it's a hat? Happy Birthday to my wonderful friend and sister, who wears many hats and who suits them all just perfectly!! xxx

    ReplyDelete