Friday, November 19, 2010

Food Friday

Today I am posting a pretty simple dish for pasta.  I tried making homemade pasta this week, but I think I will wait until I have a pasta machine before I make it again.  I don't think I cooked it long enough either, but oh well.  Got a nice arm workout from it!  Here you go!

Oh, before I post it, I would love to hear from you all.  I am on the lookout for some great holiday recipes.  Have one?  Care to share?  I would love to try them!

Creamy Spinach and Tomato Pasta

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb thin spaghetti
2 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
10 oz baby spinach leaves
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoon prepared basil pesto

DIRECTIONS:
1.Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until tender. Drain.
2.While you wait for the pasta, combine the tomatoes and spinach in a saucepan over medium heat. When the spinach begins to wilt, stir in the sour cream and pesto. Toss sauce with drained pasta and serve immediately.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds lovely, I love pasta and will try this out, definitely :) Thanks. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice going on rolling out your own pasta! That sounds tricky.

    Bet this tasted great!

    I don't really have many recipes that I use over and over, or i'd send you one. Mostly, I just find things online.

    Though- if you want a cracker recipe, I have it! And, my "world famous" nobakes. Mmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...a cracker recipe? Sent it! I would love to see it. And "World Famous"? I have to see those too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good to me!!!

    Hi there,now following you from MBC... I hope you will come by and follow me as well

    www.beachbabys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete