Friday, October 29, 2010

Food Friday

Ok, not technically a food, but Drink Friday just didn't have the same ring to it!

Today I am celebrating TEA!  I am getting reacquainted with my obsession for this tasty beverage.  I was part of a tea swap on PaperBackSwap that introduced me to several new teas.  This is an awesome idea!  People from all over get out with a buddy and send each other teas!  The next month, you get a new buddy and some more tea!  Yum!  I found some of my favorite tea this way!  :-)

Then I just recently got in on a great deal from Jasmere.  They were selling vouchers for SerendipiTea.  I got a $40 voucher for only $17!  Now that's a deal!  Jasmere is a website that scours the web for little known businesses and offers vouchers or product for 24 hours...the more people that partake, the less you have to pay!  Great way to get word of mouth going, huh?  Anyway, I just received my order and I got some absolutely delightful teas!  I also got a teapot.  I am a sucker for a good chia tea, so along with that, I got blueberry, mango, chocolate, and smoky teas!

There are some great tea quotes out there as well:
Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it still sings!~Author Unknown
Tea is instant wisdom - just add water!  ~Astrid Alauda
You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.  ~C.S. Lewis
There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea.  ~Bernard-Paul Heroux
A women is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

2 comments:

  1. I've never been a fan of chocolate tea, but I heart all fruit flavors. And tell me more about the smoky teas -- what is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I "heard" about it on PBS, so when I saw it at SerendipiTea, I thought I would try it. It's Lapsang Souchong. It is a tea that is actually smoked over a pine wood fire. It smells like smoke and has a smoky flavor! Smelled like a campfire in here when I was brewing it. If you can get past the smell of it, it was pretty good!

    ReplyDelete